Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
1. HOW 13 DAYS IN JULY SHAPED TRUMP WHITE HOUSE
The chaotic, two-week span from July 19-31 featured a senior staff shake-up and forewarned of the Russia probe’s reach into the president’s orbit.
2. WHO WANTS TIED VA. VOTE REVOKED
Shelly Simonds, the Democrat in Virginia House race that ended in a deadlock, says a court failed to follow the law during a recount.
3. ‘THE MEDIA IS PAINTING WITH TOO BROAD A BRUSH’
Talk show host Tavis Smiley, who was fired by PBS on sexual harassment charges, complains the media is lumping lesser misconduct allegations in with others accused of assault or rape.
4. MANY US COMPANIES SEE NEW TAX LAW AS WINDFALL
The tax measure distributes benefits across a range of American industries — from construction to retailers to health care.
5. KREMLIN QUESTIONS CALL FOR RUSSIAN VOTE BOYCOTT
Barred from a presidential run, opposition leader Alexei Navalny asks voters to protest by refusing to cast ballots.
6. WORLD’S LARGEST LEGAL