NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – When your only possessions come in a cardboard box you realize everything, even down to the letters, is precious.
“I guess me and him was thinking the same thing because I was saving all his letters that he wrote me,” says Sharon Benton.
Benton’s son died earlier this year. She’s looking through what DeAngelo Moore left behind.
“He was laying in the hospital bed with machines all hooked on him,” says Benton.
Her 26-year-old son was taken to a Memphis hospital on February 10th after she says he overdosed on synthetic marijuana, commonly known as K2, inside the East Arkansas Regional Unit.
“My daughter laid her head on his chest and felt his heartbeat,” says Benton.
Moore died days later. She says she still did not know why he ended up in the hospital until someone from the hospital told her.
“Him and other inmates were caught on camera smoking synthetic marijuana. They don’t know if he put himself back in the bed or if inmates put him in a bed and covered him